Stay Connected

Facebook Twitter Google+ pinterest You Tube

Sunday, October 14, 2012

A Scare Crow and why the kids like their babysitter!

Since I have gone to work I come home every day to the kids doing a new outdoor project! They really seem to like spending time with Uncle Bobby and I can relax knowing they aren't just being sent off to play. I have shown a couple of their outdoor activities - don't they look like they are having a blast? If I were home they would be doing these very things. I was so worried they would miss out when I decided to return to work. I do though have the advantage of them being home with daddy or home with Uncle Bobby. I don't have to drag them around to sitters, even worse sitters they don't know. I couldn't do that. Don't get me wrong I know millions of woman must have sitters out of complete necessity and I feel for them. I give kudos to the family members who step up to make that transition easier. My brother was the only one willing to do this and in the beginning I had my reservations. We live in the country which means we have a highway, not a street very close by. Streets are scarey enough with a 6, 4 year old (with a mind of his own) and a just turned 2 year old let a lone it be a 55 mph highway. Everything is working out wonderfully though and as of this coming Wednesday my schedule will be set so that I am only working while hubs is home. They will have daddy or mommy at any given time. I feel blessed!



These are pictures of the 'scare crow' the children and their uncle built. They started off by ransacking the attic to find old clothes and that they did. I don't even know where they came from or who they belonged too. haha It doesn't matter though with all the fun they had creating their fall scare crow. I'm not sure I dare go up in the attic just yet though! It will probably be more frightful than anything I see over Halloween! I just have to remember it was all in good fun!


They were so proud of their scare crow! They were patiently waiting with their creation to show me. Of course they all wanted me to take a picture of all four of the builders together. That turned into a leaf throwing event I'm sure you know how that goes! So much for the neatly piled leaves - oh well something for Bobby to do tomorrow. They'll soon be getting tired of the leaves but that is ok as unfortunately snow will be coming quickly. They will love it, me too actually, just not to drive in during the early morning hours.

9 comments:

  1. Those kind of scarecrows are so much fun to make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun! How lucky your children are to have family babysitters! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that looks so much fun! We have done that on a field trip to the pumpkin patch! I know your kids enjoyed it!

    kellybrown28021@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute little scare crow, and what a fun uncle!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is really cute and looks like they enjoyed it. They are lucky to have you because you seem so concerned about their safety and welfare.. Also good to know that you have a flexible enough job that you can adjust your schedule as needed..

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet that their uncle is so creative with them. How much fun it must have been to make their scare crow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! We should try making some like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's great that your brother can help you out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like they had a great time!

    ReplyDelete