Stay Connected

Facebook Twitter Google+ pinterest You Tube

Monday, October 22, 2012

Have you ever wanted an undo!

My daughter cut my very long hair only because I insisted, now I am sorry! Have you ever thought you really wanted something because it would make your life so much easier? That is what I wanted. I had so much long, wavy, unmanageable hair that I would actually dread doing things with it. I usually put it up in a clip and it would cascade down very heavily often pulling the clip loose. Everyday it was a work out to brush through it after my shower and quiet often was thrown right back up into a clip. Last Saturday was one of those 'days' where nothing was going as planned. It rained on a beautiful sunny day and it just was not good. I wanted to say bump everything, I want life simple and easy!

I called my daughter after work and asked her to stop by.  My hair was still wet from being washed so it would be a breeze. Not so much. She didn't want to be the one. She replied "Mom you've been growing your hair out and although I think it would be much easier short, look what happened when you had it cut at the hospital." Referring to a devastating event in my life. I had agreed for it to be cut but I couldn't stand the results. It was short and I felt old and out of the game. I've always had shoulder length or longer hair and it was SHORT. Not a little shorter than shoulder length, it was really Short! I didn't feel like myself. I didn't want seen by people I knew, I felt like I looked horrid.

Saturday, somehow, (probably because she was in a hurry) I talked her into cutting it. My scissors weren't the best, my son kept popping in an out and I was even told I moved more than a toddler. Anywho, some how my very long hair that was suppose to be cut below my shoulders ended up neck length. Oh no we're back there again was my first thought. It'll be winter soon I can hide in the house. My faithful online friends don't know or care what I look like... but I still feel old! My faithful clips can be laid off as there isn't enough hair to put in them! I feel 20 years older and have realized I am not good at making quick decisions! It is ok if it takes me two days to decide if I'm going to go out any given day or all year just to decide I'm not going anywhere on vacation from now on I will use that time, as much as I need before making any choices. The only good side I found was that by spring it will be at least shoulder length as it grows very fast. It will be healthier, and oh how easy it will be to take care of! Hey there is 3 good things and I wasn't trying hard.  I guess it is how you look at the glass - half empty - half full? I'll take half full how about you?

13 comments:

  1. That's funny, my husband just cut my hair shorter than I was expecting him too, but I actually like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad it turned out well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theres a few things i would like to undo, but i bet u feel much lighter :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. well ilike the way you still have the hair at least she did not cut it shorter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes... I've had my fair share of what was I thinking cuts and colors... It grows fast thankfully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh.. I'm sure it looks fine. Whenever you make a big change like that it will take a little bit of getting used to. Once you get used to it short, maybe you WILL like it..??

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made the mistake of letting a friend "trim" my hair with the same results. Never again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Before the birth of my 1st son, I had almost hip-length. Shortly after he was born, I became pretty depressed and took little care of myself and my beautiful hair became a ratted mess. This depressed my even more. For Christmas my husband gave me a salon certificate and had my hair cut to my jaw line...I wanted to die! There was just no saving my hair. I learned to accept it, after all, it is just hair and it grows back. Four years later, my hair is long and beautiful again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. well at least it turned at well for you in the end

    sibabe64 at ptd dot net

    ReplyDelete
  10. I sure wish my regrets was just cutting my hair, LOL, just remember a good hair cut is good for your sometimes, I just had mine cut for the first time in a couple of years,, which I always kept mine short when I was working, but I'm very happy with mine short, makes me looks younger, or I'm told.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got tired of looking at my hair,I was bored with it. So, I thought I would break out the scissors, and freshen it up. I used to do it all the time, easily. Well, not so much this time. This time, Ive messed it up so bad, I either have to wear a hat, or curl it and hairspray it, the whole nine yards, to camouflage it, so it dont look so bad. Or not leave the house at all. LOL This isnt the first time Ive done this. Duh. Now, I have to wait for it to grow out a bit, before I can go get it fixed, because I dont want it super short.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had long hair for many years it went down around my hips,but I started triming more and more off it and now it is shoulder length.I'm still trying to get the nerve to go shorter.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi im desi and i now what you mean but it the differnt mykdi wont talk to me and thengrand kid now wy they get to see me so i win stuff and then they are going to giet them for xmas

    ReplyDelete