Stay Connected

Facebook Twitter Google+ pinterest You Tube

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Baby Beduga Cloth Diaper Review

A Great Big Thank-You Goes Out To Dani Sue Dreams for writing this awesome review!

I just love cloth diapering my little girl Immie! She'll be 1 on St. Patrick's Day and we've tried a lot of cloth diaper brands since then. One brand that keeps proving the test of a growing, squirmy baby is Baby Beduga Diapers. When Mom to Grandma asked if I could do a guest review I was excited to try another Baby Beduga pocket diaper! This is the 3rd diaper I have reviewed from Baby Beduga and it's definitely a huge improvement from the solid colored pocket diapers Christine, owner, originally stocked when she first opened her shop.

About Baby Beduga
This awesome little shop is owned by WAHM, Christine, and run out of her home in Pinedale, Wyoming. She started cloth diapering with her 2nd baby and developed a passion for it. She wants everyone to be able to afford to cloth diaper their children and so she worked with a manufacturer in China to meet the specifications she likes in a cloth diaper. As a result, she is able to offer mamas an excellent product at a very affordable price!

Specifications
This is the new Baby Beduga Pocket Diaper. The original was a smaller one-size without hip snaps. Here are the details about the new Baby Beduga:

  • NEW! Durable snap hip snaps.
  • NEW! Generous sizing accommodates larger babies. 
  • NEW! Easily replaceable elastic keeps your diapers fresh. 
  • 3x3 snap down design adjusts the sizing to fit small, medium and large sizes (approximately 7-40 pounds).
  • Suedecloth inner.
  • PUL fabric outer.

My Review
As I said before, Baby Beduga's diapers have stood the test of a growing, squirmy baby! I definitely like this new Solid Color version a lot better than the original. I am really happy that Christine changed to this design because it's a great simple pocket design that works great. We haven't had any leaks in this diaper...including naps and night time! And I've used it at night without double stuffing it. It's a diaper I wouldn't hesitate to put on Immie when we're going out shopping. 


The leg and back elastics are nice and snug...but not so snug they leave irritating marks. It's not bulky, so it's easy to get pants on Immie. The generous sizing makes it easy to add extra inserts when needed. The pocket opening allows for daddy's large hands too. It stays put on my crawling, climbing, wiggly little 11 month old....no gaps in the thighs when she's crawling around....the front stays flush against her belly too. The 3 snaps across the rise mean there is no weird bulge in the rise that happens with pockets that only have 2 snaps across the rise. Laundering is really easy...we haven't had any issues with lingering stink or stains and it dries super fast!

Immie showing off her hat...matches her Mandarin Baby Beduga Pocket Diaper!
Baby Beduga Diapers are an excellent choice for any mama considering using cloth....especially if budget is a factor. The Baby Beduga Starter Pack comes with 8 Baby Beduga Pockets diapers, 8 3-layer microfiber inserts, 10 microfiber square inserts, 1 roll of disposable liners and a wet bag for just $100! That's a great deal to start using cloth!

45 comments:

  1. I love that this diaper has a three layer insert to keep baby dry!
    masugr at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww now that's some cute fluff and an adorable baby! I would love to try these diapers, they seem very well made and the simple pocket design sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that the leg and back elastic is snug. Sometimes it is really hard to find a good fitting diaper

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always love a WHAM diaper, they seem to be a good fit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats a great price for all you get in that set! These look like great diapers that fit well and are made well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that it has a suedecloth inner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the look of the new design. The Starter pack sure looks like a great deal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We use only cloth diapers but I have not tried these Baby Beduga Pocket Diapers. I really like that they fit a baby from 7-40 pounds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the versatility of this diaper. And the replacable elastics.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a great price for a starter set.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There are so many cloth diaper companies out there, so it's hard to choose! But these diapers look nice and convenient due to the snap-buttons that would probably make for easy changes, yet still keep the diaper fitted properly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, cloth diapers sure have come a long way from when my kids were in them! We had nothing like these!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like that the elastic is easy to replace. Very cute pictures in the review:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So adorable!! I love the hoot bum diaper!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that the sizing goes up to 40lbs. I have a big baby!
    -trisha barnes-

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would like to try cloth diapers for my grandson. i like how you said the fit was good with out cutting into their little legs.Thanks for review.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the generous sizing and the price is AMAZING!! I wish I would have found them when I was building my stash!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice selection and I appreciate the generous sizing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These look really well made, and you have to love the suedecloth inners.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like that it doesn't look really bulky.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the colors and prints, so cute...

    ReplyDelete
  22. That diaper looks great! And it looks like it would actually fit a newborn on it's smallest setting. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like that it has a wide range for sizing and weight, but I can't hide my disappointment that these are manufactured in China. When I saw WAHM I assumed she was making them herself. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I understood incorrectly?

      "so she worked with a manufacturer in China to meet the specifications she likes in a cloth diaper. As a result, she is able to offer mamas an excellent product at a very affordable price!"

      Delete
  24. this can be for boy or girl and would be great

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love that you can easily replace the elastic!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I like that you can replace the elastic too!

    ReplyDelete
  27. These look great, I would love to try one!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love that these are so trim and yet so absorbent.

    ReplyDelete
  29. They look pretty thin, glad to hear they can stand some wetness.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I really like the easy to replace elastics. I've got several pockets I got used that have elastic that's just about shot. I'm dreading the replacement process and putting it off!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Affordable and made in Wyoming - cool!
    Catherine BW

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love when packs come with liners, liners can be expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Its great that there is an option that is cheaper! Even though cloth usually is cheaper than disposals over the course of the child, but the original investment is hard for alot of people!

    ReplyDelete
  34. It's so nice that so many diapers are now coming with elastic and have easily replaceable elastics.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love that it's quick-dry! Great diaper!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love that these fit larger babies. Some of my one size diaper are not going to fit my son much longer

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love that tthis diaper has even more adjustments for sizing and thank goodness she now has snaps that's all I'm using!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love these great fitting diapers!

    ReplyDelete
  39. This is what their website recommends. Do you use two inserts at a time?

    Day Use: Diaper+White 3 Layer Insert+1 Microfiber Towel Insert

    ReplyDelete