Stay Connected

Facebook Twitter Google+ pinterest You Tube

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

BookLingual Books Review



I've never been a big fan of sticking children in front of a T.V. to watch a program, movie or play a game. I believe they learn so much more by reading, creating and experimenting. BookLingual is right up my thought alley! They teach languages through fun reading :-)




Imagine your child or grandchild learning to read Spanish through a fun book that also teaches them to read more. Our country has became increasingly multi cultural. Learning another language from the very beginning gives them an edge on life. BookLingual, bilingual children's books are specially designed to help children learn Spanish through fun reading. The books are intuitively designed and based on research to speed up language learning, even if you don’t know a word of Spanish. Rather than making language lessons a chore or sticking kids in front of a TV. BookLingual, bilingual children's books are designed to help children gain a love for reading through picture books.



BookLingual is launching its full program, which will include 32 different eBooks, a Parent’s Guide, and Super Quick Guide to Spanish on March 18th. These 6 include Benny Likes Too Much,  Bree and the Bee Can’t Share, Come to the Zoo!,  Oh No, I’m Sick!, Grandma Cooks a Grand Dinner, Can You Guess What I Am?, Parent’s Guide, Super Quick Guide to Spanish My grandson liked "Come to the Zoo" best. He really enjoys zoo's and animal's of all kinds so I knew he would. Throughout the 6 books he would try to sound out the words and if he could not get one he'd ask me to "tell me, grandma, you read it." My granddaughter on the other hand did quite well. She would stop now and again to ask me how to pronounce something but she read and learned. I think these books are great as beginner learning to read Spanish books. The children stayed interested and engaged. They enjoyed reading which always helps. I do feel children will need an adult's help the first time going through the books. I love this part - a 5% portion of proceeds always goes to charities, such as St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital!

BookLingual Facebook

BookLingual Website

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

12 comments:

  1. What a great idea....start children learning a language the earlier the better. English friends arrived in france when their daughter was 18 months old. She was immersed straight away in nursery and then school, surrounded by only French speakers - she now speaks french better than all us grownups put together. I would like a French version of the books you mentioned so I can read with my French neighbour daughter - it would help me with French as much as it would help her with English. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Morvan,

      Thanks for the comment. We are actually releasing this same set in a French version in May. Please like our FB page to stay updated.
      -Michael, author at BookLingual

      Delete
  2. Kids are hard-wired to learn language, whatever languages they are exposed to, from birth to about elementary school age. That's the time for them to learn, and these books seem like a good method for reading as well as speaking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent idea for children. i like that they the books enjoyable so the children will be excited to learn,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that the give a portion of the sales to charity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the St. Jude's contribution!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm always looking for bilingual books. I hope they introduce other languages besides spanish

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would love to see some with printed word and ASL signs

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great. I definitely want to expose my kids to other languages early!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice idea:) I don't see any indication that audio is included?? Seems like it would be hard for parents to read the book very accurately if they don't already know the language....
    Love that a portion of sales goes to charity!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My husband is bilingual and we keep saying we need to pass that skill on to our kids but it's just easier to speak English since I'm not bilingual. These would be great to add some more Spanish to our days.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this. I speak Spanish, and I've been thinking about how to introduce my children to the language at an early age, so they don't get the Texas accent like I have :-). This seems like a great solution!

    ReplyDelete