Stay Connected

Facebook Twitter Google+ pinterest You Tube

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

HUGO Children's Book Series Review

I believe if enough children have access to these books they will go far to help childhood issues! Hugo is a fun loving little star fish with a big heart and curious mind. While living in a magical underwater world, he learns and shares valuable life lessons. The Hugo series supports the IB Learner Profiles and Attitudes of the International Baccalaureate Program (PYP).



Childhood issues turn into teenage issues and then adult issues! A vicious cycle!



Between my 4 children and my 3 grand children I have read an enormous amount of books. Yet I believe these are the best ones I have ever read considering the world our children are growing up in! I didn't find out that happiness wasn't a place we arrived at until my children were half grown. I kept waiting for this to change or that to happen so that I may find true happiness. The book "The Secret To Happiness" lays it out in an easy to understand story that kids will love, my grandchildren sure did. Hugo the happy starfish is looking for happiness and he finds it in everyday things such as playing with his friends and realizes the importance of the "small" and everyday things.

My favorite of the ones I reviewed was The Last Bully. A children's book about bullying. It shows good examples of being bullied and the the bullies, also how we as bystanders can intervene. Respect and Attitude are so important. In my opinion there should be a law against bullying. It is written in a way that children can understand although I feel a parent or teacher should be participating to help explain any questions the child/ren might have depending on their ability to comprehend. I may have formed this opinion as my grandchildren are just being their educational years. The Last Bully is a must read book!

The author of the Hugo series has always had a love for teaching and helping others. Suzy Liebermann created this series of children's books to help educate children feelings,attitudes, choices and consequences. This series is available to schools through fund raising to help offset cost. There are six books in this series. To find out more about this book series Click Here

It's Good To Be Me - Which was an award finalist.

The Secret To Happiness

The Magic Of The Moment

The Last Bully

One Step At A Time

The Joy Of Nothing

The Attitudes addressed in this series of books are;

Appreciation - Commitment
Confidence - Cooperation
Creativity - Curiosity
Empathy - Enthusiasm
Independence - Integrity
Optimism - Patience
Respect - Tolerance

The Series by Suzy Lieberman can be bought on Amazon

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

2 comments:

  1. Love the attitudes addressed! And from your pics it looks like they're in Spanish too... a big plus in my family!

    ReplyDelete