Stay Connected

Facebook Twitter Google+ pinterest You Tube

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Woolzies Dryer Balls Review

By Brandi~

Woolzies Dryer Balls are handmade 100% pure New Zealand wool, a natural fabric softener. Created by Soft By Nature,Inc, whose mission is to leave our beautiful earth in the same condition in which their parents gave it to them. By accomplishing this they develop all natural eco friendly products.


The set of six handmade balls are hypoallergenic. Even people with wool allergies can use the balls, they don't shed nor have to directly touch your skin. Conventional fabric softeners contain a lot of harsh chemicals that are toxic and many people, adults and children alike are allergic to these toxins. Most of the commercial dryer liquids and sheets contain chemicals that destroy the fir retardant qualities in most clothing. The Woolzies dryer balls have the same benefits as the conventional fabric softeners without the harsh chemicals.

I have heard of and even considered using tennis balls in my dryer, though after educating myself about it the rubber and plastic balls are made from harsh chemicals which can be released onto your laundry by the hot air. Its toxic to the environment, and dangerous to the health of people. With the addition of ruining the dryers sensitive electronic sensors.


The Woolzie balls cut drying time by 25%, because as they bounce around in the dryer they separate and create space between the laundry. This saves money and time. The balls are guarunteed to last for at least 1000 loads.

After using my Woolzies dryer balls a few times, I noticed that the clothes were soft maybe softer than my normal fabric softener. I also paid attention to drying time and sure enough the clothes were drying faster. We noticed that a rash one of us always got on our upper legs had disappeared. We never even guessed it could be fabric softener, as we kept trying to change our brand of laundry soap thinking it was that. I also read if I threw in a rolled up piece of aluminum it would reduce static cling and thereby cut out some ironing time. I think the Woolzies dryer balls are definitely worth it, they save money, time, and are eco friendly. What more could make a happy mommy...

You can connect with Woolzies via their Facebook Page , @Woolzies and Website

14 comments:

  1. I'd love to try this for my laundry so that I could save some drying time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these would be really useful for us. I like that they save time while drying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting that a rash disappeared after switching. My mom has been having a similar issue - I will have to mention this to her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these dryer balls. They are my favorite brand. Mine did get pilly, but they stay together and are not so dense that they sound like shoes in my dryer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have another brand of wool dryer balls that I have used and they work great. I would like to get some for my sister to use for her cloth diapers for her new baby, and I think Woolzies would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really really want to try out professionally made wool dryer balls I have made my own because of the high cost of dryer balls, but no matter who much I felt or if I use roving instead of yarn they tend to unravel

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like "The Woolzies dryer balls have the same benefits as the conventional fabric softeners without the harsh chemicals." Don't like chemicals in my laundry

    slehan at juno dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to try these--am trying to reduce/eliminate as many store bought products as possible, especially those with scents!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so intrigued by wool dryer balls. I love anything that helps conserve electricity. I live in a part of the country where it rains almost 9 months out of the year, so the dryer is a big energy hog. It would be great to try them to see if I could save some money.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are the next best thing to sliced bread. What a fabulous invention!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard so many amazing things about these dryer balls. I am dying to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good to know about the tennis balls. That is what I use, and NO MORE! Plus, they sometimes leave yellow fuzzies all over. Looks like Wool dryer balls are the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been wanting drier balls for the longest time!! These look great!

    ReplyDelete