Stay Connected

Facebook Twitter Google+ pinterest You Tube

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Yummy Fish

BAKED FISH



Crunches just like fried fish but with fewer calories!


Ingredients:




  • 1 & 1/2 cups Panko Bread Crumbs
  • 1 cup Bisquick
  • 2 eggs (with 1 TBSP of milk added to it)
  • 1/2 tsp dill spice
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • vegetable oil
  • 1 - 1 & 1/2 lbs fish (Cod or Haddock)
    Will also need:
  • Baking dish to fit fish (I use a glass baking dish)
  • Paper towels (for drying fish)
  • 3 bowls (for mixing & coating the fish)

    Directions:

    1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

    2. Place enough vegetable oil in baking dish to cover the bottom of the baking
    dish. I use a glass baking dish.
    3. 1st bowl - put in the Bisquick mis, Dill spice and pepper. Mix well

    4. 2nd bowl - mix the two eggs and milk together 
    5. 3rd bowl - place the Panko bread crumbs in it
  • 6. You must dry the fish thouroughly after washing. The more moisture left in and on the fish
    causes the breading to fall off when cooking (picture #3).
    7. Take one pc of fish at a time starting with bowl #1 (Bisquick mixture) & roll fish in the Bisquick mixture then roll in bowl #2 (egg mixture). Continuing onto bowl #3 (bread crumbs). Make sure each pc of fish is coated completely in each bowl. Place coated fish in baking dish continue until all fish pcs are coated
    8. Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes. If you want a more "golden" appearance & don't mind the extra calories, you can spray each pc of fish with I can't believe it's not butter before baking.

    Just a few Notes:

    You will want to use Panko Bread Crumbs (located with the regular bread crumbs or in the Oriental area of the store) and not regular bread crumbs (picture #3). Regular bread crumbs are to fine & do not give you the crunchy coating similar to deep frying.

    Panko bread crumbs are larger in size and stick to your fingers but the end result is wonderful! This recipe can be used with any fish and can be used when pan frying in oil too. Use Bisquick instead of flour because flour becomes "pasty" under the bread coating.





  • 69 comments:

    1. This is great. I have everything to make it this week. I planned on having fish and now I have a great recipe. Can't wait to try it!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Husband and I were thrilled to discover Panko Bread Crumbs! It makes the fish taste like what we get at one of our favorite Mexican restaurants.

      ReplyDelete
    3. I love panko bread crumbs because of the crunch and this is another great recipe to cut down on fat calories

      ReplyDelete
    4. i am always looking for new fish recipes and i will be trying this one out!

      ReplyDelete
    5. I love Panko bread crumbs because of the crunch, need for less fat and delicious taste

      ReplyDelete
    6. I love that this has fewer calories! I definitely like my fish with a crunch! This looks delicious!

      ReplyDelete
    7. We have a bunch of fish in the freezer from my husband's fishing trip to Canada - we'll have to give this a try!

      ReplyDelete
    8. We love fish in our house and love things with a crunch so I know this recipe will be a hit with my family. Thanks for the idea. I can't wait to try it out since it looks so yummy.

      ReplyDelete
    9. Maritimer by heart - absolutely love Cod. Bisquick as a coating what a great tip. I usually just use flour sprinkled with oregano flakes.Tastes excellent - but I think I will + Bisquick to my concoction.

      Eva Mitton-Urban

      ReplyDelete
    10. THIS I have to try, i love fish, thanks for your recipe!

      ReplyDelete
    11. This sounds like it would be good for just about any fish. Never thought of using the Bisquick. Thank you!

      ReplyDelete
    12. Ooo...this looks and sounds delicious! I love fish and never would have thought to use Bisquick for a coating! Thanks for sharing!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Since the last time I commented on this post, I've made this recipe several times! It's so delicious and it's a great way to get my family to eat fish!

        Delete
    13. This recipe sounds great! I've been trying to incorporate fish into my meal plans but I've never really known how to spice it up a bit instead of just plain fish. I have all these things, so this might just be a good dinner idea for tomorrow!

      ReplyDelete
    14. We love fish any way we can get it and we are definitely trying this version of breaded "fried" fish!
      j1man1r66@etex.net
      Jennifer Rogers

      ReplyDelete
    15. I would love to try this,fish is my favorite!It looks delicious

      ReplyDelete
    16. I'm always looking for more ways to get fish into our diet. Thanks for the recipe!

      ReplyDelete
    17. my guys would love it!

      ReplyDelete
    18. Thank you for the recipe. My daughter is a pescatarian, we will try this!

      ReplyDelete
    19. the fish looks delicious! Always trying to find new ways to spice up a good dish. will be trying - shaunie

      ReplyDelete
    20. mmm I haven't had cod or haddock in tooo long! I haven't tried panko yet, I'd love to try this recipe - soon!

      ReplyDelete
    21. Yummmy! I love baked fish :) It looks delish!!

      ReplyDelete
    22. This recipe looks very tasty. Thanks for sharing!

      ReplyDelete
    23. Looks tasty! I love that it has fewer calories.

      ReplyDelete
    24. something simple and tasty its like you knew i was searching for something and bam there it is and I dont have to spend hours prepping it thanks doll !! :D

      ReplyDelete
    25. We love having fish. This sounds delish!

      ReplyDelete
    26. I had not heard of Panko Bread Crumbs until now. I'm going to have to try that with this recipe. The Fish looks very tasty.

      ReplyDelete
    27. This looks very tasty, although I have never used Panko bread crumbs , I will check into that, But I do enjoy cooking fish on Fridays in my home :) thanks for the recipe

      ReplyDelete
    28. Thank you for the recipe. We like fish. And we like making it several ways.

      ReplyDelete
    29. We love fish at our house! The kids also eager for fillets and are always ready to eat them, big style! Yours look delicious!

      ReplyDelete
    30. Fish is eaten at our house at least once a week!! It's good brain food!! This looks so yummy!!

      ReplyDelete
    31. I like breading my fish with bisquick. I would use bisquick on everything if I could. LOL

      ReplyDelete
    32. This looks delicious! My family enjoys fish dinners.

      ReplyDelete
    33. This Yummy Fish sounds like it is so delicious, garnished with dill spice. It sounds light and perfect for a summer day. I am trying this in the week.

      ReplyDelete
    34. I'm going to try this! I'm trying to build a list of recipes for when my mother-in-law comes to visit in the fall.

      ReplyDelete
    35. Thank you for the recipe. We like fish May have to make this one

      ReplyDelete
    36. We love fish and eat it every week, so I'm always looking for new recipes. This looks delicious and healthy :)

      ReplyDelete
    37. Cod and haddock are my favorite kind of fish and wow does recipe look perfect I must try it!

      ReplyDelete
    38. This sounds like a nice recipe for fish and thank you for sharing with us.

      ReplyDelete
    39. Mmmm!! Baked fish is our absolute favorite in this house!! We used to get it from a nearby restaurant but they stopped making it there :( So sad!! I will have to try this recipe!! Thanks for sharing!

      ReplyDelete
    40. This is such a great alternative to frying fish. I will have to try it. Thanks!

      ReplyDelete
    41. its almost lunch time baby..this will work thanks

      ReplyDelete
    42. I love this type of fish and this recipe sounds really good. I also really like that it is baked too. I can't wait to give it a try.

      ReplyDelete
    43. I have a lot of fish in the freezer and I am always looking for new recipes. I will be sure to try this. I like that it has a crunchy texture but that it is baked.

      ReplyDelete
    44. I can't wait to give it a try,we eat fish twice a week and this will be a welcome change

      ReplyDelete
    45. This looks delicious! I don't think I have ever heard of planco bread crumbs before, but will check the grocery store next time I am there, Also I do love that you are also using pancake batter its something that I also use to help cook my fish :)

      ReplyDelete
    46. Thank you for the recipe. Fish is one of my favorite meats. Thank you for sharing.

      ReplyDelete
    47. Yummy, this looks so fresh and tender. I will have to try this recipe. thanks for sharing :)

      ReplyDelete
    48. Panko and bisquick? Sounds delish. We aren't big on fish but this looks pretty good.

      ReplyDelete
    49. This recipe looks simple enough to make and I like eating fish anyways.

      ReplyDelete
    50. We actually have fish for dinner 3/4 times a week,and i love find different recipes to dress it up sometimes.Thanks for this recipe with try it next week.

      ReplyDelete
    51. Thank you for the recipe. We like fish cooked several different ways

      ReplyDelete
    52. I've never even attempted to make fish, but seeing how easy this recipe is, I may have to give it a try! This fish looks both tender and delightfully crispy at the same time...absolutely delicious! I'll be saving this one for later :) Thanks for sharing with us!

      ReplyDelete
    53. This looks great . I am pinning it for this week.Beside I will get to make tarter sauce.

      ReplyDelete
    54. I love fish recipes of every kind...but I have never tried one with dill

      ReplyDelete
    55. This fish recipe looks terrific! I have always used Panko for coating everything from pork chops to fish. It has a wonderful taste!

      ReplyDelete
    56. I love eating fish and always looking for new recipes to try. This one sounds like it will be delicious to give a try! Thanks for the recipe.

      ReplyDelete
    57. Well I will give a shot with talpia.

      ReplyDelete
    58. I would love to try this recipe. I love cooking fish with some kind of breading on it. Thanks for the recipe.

      ReplyDelete
    59. We eat a lot of fish and I am always trying to find ways to get flavor without the extra calories and I plan to try this dish soon.
      Nancy Hilderbrand

      ReplyDelete
    60. I don't love fish but I am trying to eat more of it and this sounds really yummy, thanks.

      ReplyDelete
    61. I grew up on the shores of a lake and definitely am going to love trying this recipe.We eat a lot of fish that we catch in the lake.Thanks for this awesome recipe.

      ReplyDelete
    62. Bisquick and dill spice make the dish. I should bake fish more often, just not that good at cooking, in general.

      ReplyDelete
    63. I'm always happy to find fewer calorie recipes. This one looks great, my husband loves anything to do with fish!

      ReplyDelete
    64. This recipe looked so good, I copied it down. I am going to make it this coming weekend. I thank you so much for the share.

      ReplyDelete
    65. This looks delicious! , I love how easy you make this recipe to be, I really like using the pancake
      mix when I make my fish.
      @tisonlyme143

      ReplyDelete
    66. This looks delicious. We eat fish all the time. I was running out of different ideas to fix fish. Thank you for the recipe

      ReplyDelete