Crunches just like fried fish but with fewer calories!
Will also need:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place enough vegetable oil in baking dish to cover the bottom of the baking
dish. I use a glass baking dish.
3. 1st bowl - put in the Bisquick mis, Dill spice and pepper. Mix well
4. 2nd bowl - mix the two eggs and milk together
5. 3rd bowl - place the Panko bread crumbs in it
causes the breading to fall off when cooking (picture #3).
7. Take one pc of fish at a time starting with bowl #1 (Bisquick mixture) & roll fish in the Bisquick mixture then roll in bowl #2 (egg mixture). Continuing onto bowl #3 (bread crumbs). Make sure each pc of fish is coated completely in each bowl. Place coated fish in baking dish continue until all fish pcs are coated
8. Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes. If you want a more "golden" appearance & don't mind the extra calories, you can spray each pc of fish with I can't believe it's not butter before baking.
Just a few Notes:
You will want to use Panko Bread Crumbs (located with the regular bread crumbs or in the Oriental area of the store) and not regular bread crumbs (picture #3). Regular bread crumbs are to fine & do not give you the crunchy coating similar to deep frying.
Panko bread crumbs are larger in size and stick to your fingers but the end result is wonderful! This recipe can be used with any fish and can be used when pan frying in oil too. Use Bisquick instead of flour because flour becomes "pasty" under the bread coating.