Stay Connected

Facebook Twitter Google+ pinterest You Tube

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Infant Hair Protector Review

Recently we had the opportunity to review an Infant Hair Protector from Baby Walton.



Victoria Mcgee Walton, a stay at home mom founded Baby Walton LLC, and invented the Infant Hair Protector. Both of Victoria's babies experienced infant baldness, and after searching for a solution she found nothing on the market. She realized after a consultation with her pediatrician, and conversation with friends and family that infant baldness is a common with nearly all babies. Vic decided after her child developed a bald spot, she would create her own solution. The Infant Hair Protector she developed restored her babies hair in 30 days.

Baby Waltons dedication is to provide families with unique and quality products to help babies everywhere look their best.

The Infant Hair Protector is 100% satin. The satin minimizes breakage and infant hair shedding. It allows for the hair to regrow and prevents further balding.

In recent years we have been advised to put our babies on their backs, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics it minimizes the risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome. More and more babies develop bald spots because of all the friction at the back of their heads in bassinets, carriers, and cribs. The Infant Hair Protector reduces friction that causes the breakage, and prevents common bald spots.

The satin headrest is recommended for ages birth-24 months. It works well with all races and hair types. The headrest can be used in bassinets, cribs, baby carriers, swings, bouncers, and toddler beds, it is also machine washable.

We reviewed the Infant Hair Protector just as our 5 week old niece Amarah was showing her first signs of losing some of her curly black hair. We really liked the satiny feel against the back of her head. Within a few weeks of us taking it wherever she went to lay, we could tell that the spot in the back was thicker. We are all very thankful considering our baby girl would look pretty funny with just a mop of curls atop her head, when getting her 3 month pictures taken.

You can connect with Infant Hair Protector by Baby Walton via Facebook Page and Website

12 comments:

  1. I had no clue they even made a product like this! I love that it worked for you. I really want to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea satin was a good solution :) my son had a bald spot. Wish I knew about this with him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really neat. I honestly didn't think anything could keep this balding from happening. So cool there is a solution.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been looking for something like this! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never ever heard of this before thank you for the review. I will need to add this to my register list thank you again for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The friction causes the baldness on the back of the baby's head. I never knew about satin helping this. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never thought about it, but I can see where these sheets would allow the babys head to slide without pulling out the babys hair. Where as cotton for an example would be more likely to pull the hair out as the baby moves its head about due to friction.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I have never heard of baldness in babies. This seems like a great product.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did not have one of these when i had my kids looks great too use.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is this a safe option? Recommendations are pretty strict about what's allowed in the crib with baby.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never heard of this- interesting, will have to send my daughter the link. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I thought babies were just normally bald... satin. Who knew? May have to research this more in depth. My son has a head full of hair which suprised me and my husband!

    ReplyDelete