Stay Connected

Facebook Twitter Google+ pinterest You Tube

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Libre Tea Review

We have had the opportunity to facilitate a review for Libre tea .



I got my love for tea from my grandma. I remember her beautiful tea pot, and how she seemed to always be drinking tea. She would fix me hot cups of tea telling me stories of her own childhood. Most of my precious memories of her are sitting together drinking tea. I love all teas, hot, cold, flavored, and plain. I have had teapots, but always used tea bags, just because it was easier and quick.

Recently, though I came across Libre Tea , I learned some interesting facts about loose leaf tea. Using loose leaf tea is better for our planet, having a much smaller eco-footprint than tea bags. Loose leaf is sold by weight it is easy to dispose of and biodegradable. It requires minimal packaging, while bagged tea requires significant packaging and generates considerable more waste. Not only is it better for our planet, its more cost effective than prepackaged tea bags.

I was super excited when we were able to review their Libre Loose Leaf Tea Glass, a 10oz glass 'n poly mug. The Libre tea glasses are brought to you by Energetic Marketing and made in China. It's 6.0" tall and 3.0 in diameter. The type of glass used is Borosilicate glass, a glass used in science labs similarly to pyrex. It has a convenient handle and health-conscious glass interior for a fresher taste. The tea glass has durable polycarbonate exterior for on the run durability. A stainless steel filter is surrounded by BPA free polypropylene. The Libre Mug is designed to be more durable than the Glass 'n Glass, customers report dropping mugs on floors and streets and there is no breakage.

The Tea glasses are not complicated to use. Simply remove the lid and tea filter add 2-3 grams of loose leaf tea, add hot water to below the rim, securely twist on the filter. So as not to force a leak it is advised to wait a few minutes to cool down before twisting on the lid. After it cools twist on the lid and slowly turn the glass upside down to steep the tea, twist off the lid and filter together. Tea stays hot for around an hour and a half. The Libre Tea mugs should be washed by hand and they should not be put in the microwave.

We have many reasons to love the Libre tea glass. Tea has so many health benefits. Loose Leaf Tea is not only healthy for our bodies it is healthy for our planet. The Libre Tea glass makes helps make enjoying the tea a lot more convenient, not to mention it can go on the run with you now and still stay hot.

You can connect with Libre via Facebook and Website

32 comments:

  1. I really need to get one of these! I love loose teas and these are such a wonderful idea. Would be a great gift for a tea lover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a must have for all tea lovers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to try one of these - what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. loose tea tastes better tome i don't know why! but i love this mug: its the first i've ever seen of its kind!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really awesome way to make a single cup of loose leaf tea!! I would love to try this out. This is a great way to take loose tea with on the go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love hot tea. I grew up with my mother drinking hot tea all of the time. I would love to use loose tea. I hope I can win the Libre Tea Glass.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have only recently starting drinking tea and think this would be a wonderful way to brew my drink!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love the idea behind this product. Tea without the hassle has always been a wish of mine!b The fact that it is so durable makes it all the better. I know I would use this product a lot. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that Libre tea is very nice and I like that it is made of more durable glass than helps reduce risk of breakage, especially when this is a container that probably will be used every day and in many different ways. I also like that it uses loose tea and you can make your tea whatever strength you enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love this idea! I am currently drinking loose leaf tea for my pregnancy and this would be quite handy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This would be perfect for my daughter in law to take to work with her...she loves tea

    ReplyDelete
  12. This would make my life so much easier! What a great glass!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been reading about this glass! I really want to try it. My family is chalked full of tea drinkers. We usually dont do loose leaf , but we've been hoping to branch out. I definitely think this is worth a try! Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks convenient. It'd be a great gift for my best friend, who loves tea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is such a great design. i love the handle so that you're not holding the hot glass directly!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I also love tea, especially Indian masala chai. Even though hubby prefers black coffee, occasionally he and I have a "tea ritual" where I make chai the traditional way by boiling water in a pot on the stove, adding a couple tea bags(I prefer the masala chai variety but they tend to be pricier), loose Indian leaf tea, and sugar. When the water boils, I add some whole milk(I prefer half & half for a richer, creamier cup).

    I've seen these Libre mugs around the blogosphere and have always wanted to try them. Like yourself, I also like to try different teas. I can't believe the mugs keep the tea hot for an hour and a half! I also love that making the tea in these mugs is so convenient and that the mugs are so durable.

    If only they were microwave and dishwasher safe.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds so convenient! I prefer loose tea for taste and environmental reasons, but some days it's hard to find the time to sit and enjoy a cup. Loose tea on the go would be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the fact that the Libre Tea mug is durable and has a stainless steel filter.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've never herd of these before, be look really cool and useful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this tea mug it would be great to use because I like using loose tea.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This looks so cool! We have one of the steepers that sits on top of a mug, but this would definitely be more mobile.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really want to try this! I heard loose leaf tea is so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love that this seems like a greener way to drink tea. i really need to get back into drinking tea over coffee. maybe this would get me excited about tea.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like this because Using loose leaf tea is better for our planet, having a much smaller eco-footprint than tea bags

    ReplyDelete
  25. Having the filter and cup in one package is a nice idea. I'm always losing my tea balls.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I drink tea everyday and this tea glass sounds great! I love how durable it sounds.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, these are pretty cool mugs. I haven't seen them before and I love the idea of being able to use loose tea leaves in the glass. No more searching for a tea ball! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This mug is probably the coolest tea mug I've ever seen. I love loose leaf tea, and this mug is right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  29. wow I was just thinking I'd love to use loose leaf tea but I don't have the equipment for it, then I see that this mug is the equipment! I definitely want one

    ReplyDelete
  30. The 3 inch diameter would fit nicely in my car cupholder and I perfer looseleaf tea because I can taste the teabag and string and staple.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This looks like it would be great to have to take to work! No more stinkin' styrofoam cups! I love that it stays hot so long!

    ReplyDelete