Stay Connected

Facebook Twitter Google+ pinterest You Tube

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Minky Chic Blanket Review



Recently, we've had the opportunity to give Minky Chic a big thank you for allowing us to review one of their magnificent custom made blankets.

It has been a cold winter, and there is nothing like snuggling up underneath a soft warm blanket. In our family we each have our own favorite blanket for the winter. Honestly the quality of a blanket you are going use through the winter season is important. I want my children and grandchildren to feel good and warm underneath their blankets, if the blanket is cheap and itchy, well they usually end up on the floor at the end of their beds unused.



I was beyond impressed with the custom made blanket that Minky Chic sent to us, for our grandson. Both he and I love the beautiful chevron design. I can't find enough words to describe the ultra softness of the blanket. Picture me, eyes closed, a look of bliss on my face, as I rub the blanket on my cheek. Then opening my eyes to find my family looking at me, like they find me weird. Didn't matter to this girl a mink and satin equals a girl in love! The blanket has become my son's favorite. He says he loves how soft and cozy the blanket is, and sleeps with it every night.



It's impressive that each of these stunning blankets are custom made. Minky Chic is a home based, one woman business. All of the items are handmade in her personal studio. As a mother herself, Minky Chic knows how important baby blankets in particular can be, security blankets are a wonderful part of growing up. Security blankets provide a sense of safety and ownership wrapped in a warm soft package. Minky Chic is a self professed perfectionist and strives hard to make sure all of her blankets meets her own high standards.

Mink has created a rage in all markets. Minky Chic became fascinated with the fabric after making her first Minky blanket. She researched the fabric's history and found that it was first used to make stuffed animals mostly, shopping cart seat covers, and changing pad covers. When Minky blankets came out, it's popularity soared. Minky Chic uses only the finest Korean Mink, 100% polyester, hypoallergenic, fade resistant, and machine washable. She uses only the highest grade of satin for all the satin backed baby blankest.

The beautiful mink blankets are not all that is available on Minky Chic's web site. She also has pet mats, burp cloths, throw pillows, and gift sets. There is a variety of patterns to choose from, and if you want something different Minky Chic is willing to work with you to find that perfect fabric to design your product. All blankets are available in several sizes including baby 29"x40", and travel 14"x18", toddler 42"x56" and standard, mega and extra long throw blankets.

We are absolutely in love with the minky blanket we received. The ultra soft quality is superb. I have already been thinking about bedding for our grandson who is not yet one. He would love to lay down with all that plush softness, and maybe lavish my couch with some soft throw pillows.

You can connect with Minky Chic LLC via FB and Their Website

28 comments:

  1. I love mink blankets and I think I'll check out some of the pet mats that are available as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely soft looking blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks SOOOO soft and cuddly!! My little ones LOVE minky material and I am certain they would adore this blanket as well...I will add it to my wish list for birthdays!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful blanket. I like that they offer different sizes. You could get one for everyone in the family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to win this it looks so soft and snuggly!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the minky backside it looks like it would be very warm for all this cold weather!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love this for our living room- looms so snugly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a minky blanket that we have had for a few years, they are wonderful and you are not kidding when you close your eyes and feel it and it does feel wonderful. I believe that it is wonderful that Minky Chic learned how to do these blankets and are offering them to others to enjoy. Until you have had a mink blanket you have not had a blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This blanket looks so soft and comfy! I know my son would LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i actually have a minky chic blanket and it is SO soft and pink! i love it

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is an ingenious idea. Who doesn't like a soft cuddly blanket to call their own. Especially children who feel the need to have a security blanket. Makes me want one too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We have a few fleece and other blankets, but none with minky; not even any baby blankets with minky. I would loooove to have a super soft snuggly one. Especially this long cold winter (in MN)!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These blankets look so soft any child would love them. I really like the PINK CUDDLE SATIN BACK MINKY BABY BLANKETS

    ReplyDelete
  14. sounds very comfy and nice to snuggle up with . They seem to have several nice products for the entire family

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am a sucker for soft blankets - if we win, I hope this blanket inspires our newborn to sleep! :)

    Angela Rhodes Ingles

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm in love with this minky, once I found out diapers could be made this way, I was obsessed!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love minky blankies. These are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This blanket looks amazingly soft and cuddly! Never had one before but now I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this blanket so much, I would have a hard time letting it go to the kids. The Chevron pattern is so arson.

    ReplyDelete
  20. These blankets sound so amazing. I can imagine the softness of the mink and satin. I will have to look into them and possibly get my son and myself each one!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This looks so nice, it's soft and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This would be perfect for my daughter who is a soft banket fanatic. she is not attached to a specific blanket, but she is attached to soft

    ReplyDelete
  23. I so hope we win, love soft blankets

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love minky blankets, I definately need one for my new baby coming in August

    ReplyDelete
  25. I had a special blanket when i was a baby (until my moms BF threw it away when i was 20) My oldest son has a special blanket that he got while he was in the hospital with Strokes (he was 3)
    But my youngest don't have that special one yet! maybe this will be it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a great blanket. Would be perfect for my new baby niece.

    ReplyDelete