Stay Connected

Facebook Twitter Google+ pinterest You Tube

Monday, July 14, 2014

I Have ...

By Gladys

I found out I have diabetes and my sugar number was over 300. I wasn't too shocked as I am a very large woman and being in a wheelchair lessons my ability to be active, or so I tell myself! I quit smoking and gained 100 pounds over the course of a year. Now accountability comes in to play. I have 4 children and 4 beautiful grandchildren to share my life with. Cutting that even one day short would be a huge loss to them and myself.

So, what have I decided as a plan of action? I made an appointment with both the dietician and diabetes control counselor for later this week and I am more determined than ever to stay on my low carb diet/lifestyle. I've been on it for only 7 days and it is hard but it is doable.

If you or someone you love are overweight please have your/their sugar tested. It only takes a blood test, that simple. If caught soon enough some people can turn their numbers around just by making small adjustments in diet and exercise. Diabetes is becoming a nation wide epidemic not just with adults but many children also.

3 comments:

  1. You can do this, sending you prayers and love..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know your struggle. I have a step daughter who has type one, my mother and a couple of friends have type two. They all have had their struggles and have to maintain theirs in their own way. While you have to think about the long term when thinking about diet and meds, you also have to take it one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry you are dealing with this. My ex has diabetes as do some of my friends and it is something I worry about. Thank you for this reminder that I need to get my life back on track as I have been gaining weight again, not eating properly, etc.

    ReplyDelete