Stay Connected

Facebook Twitter Google+ pinterest You Tube

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Everyone's Favorite Orge - Shrek Forever After Costume Review

We had the opportunity to review DreamWorks Shrek Forever After costume from Halloween Adventure. We received a sample, although our opinions are honestly our own.


It is almost time for carving pumpkins. bringing out the candy, and my favorite part, dressing the kids up in their costumes to go trick or treating. Every year we have the same argument, I want to make their costume and they want store bought costumes. Not only can costumes get pricey but how cute would a little guy looked dressed up as a washer or a refrigerator? More importantly though, is the outrageous prices that usually go along with the popular characters kids tend to choose for their costumes.


When I decided to reach out to Halloween Adventure, I first noticed that they had a big variety of costumes at affordable prices. In the past when I have shopped for costumes I usually ended up purchasing many of the accessories for the costume separately. I have ended up disappointed in the price I paid out for a costume they have worn for one night. Many times the quality of the costumes were so poor they didn't last beyond that one night of trudging around the neighborhood anyways. Many of the costumes I looked over at Halloween Adventure came with ALL the accessories.

My son and I looked through the many varieties of costumes Halloween Adventure offers and it was difficult to come to a decision. There are so many great choices. He finally decided on the DreamWorks Shrek Forever After costume. In our area Halloween night is usually chilly and more often than not there is rain at some point. For this reason we decided to get my son a men size Shrek costume so he could wear his warm clothes and maybe a jacket underneath. That along with the fact that Shrek Everyone's Favorite Ogre is a giant ogre and we thought the extra clothes would just make him look a little more like the character is suppose to.

When the Shrek costume arrived, both my son and I were excited to see what it looked like on him. I wanted to make sure i hadn't made a mistake in thinking we should get the costume in a larger size, but to our complete happiness it was perfect and hilarious. The fabric is durable and of good quality, it's impressive. I believe that this costume will get put away for future use. The costume included a mask, shirt with an attached vest and padding, pants with attached boot tops and waist sash. Shrek is a registered trademark of DreamWorks.

My son was also excited to hear about the new Broadway show, Shrek The Musical. The show is based on the Oscar-Winning DreamWorks film that started it all. Brought to life on a stage, this is the hilarious story of everyone's favorite ogre. A faraway kingdom turned upside down, things begin to get ugly when an unseemly ogre-not a handsome prince- shows up to the rescue of a feisty princess. WWOR-TV Proclaims "Shrek The Musical" is "Far far and away the funniest new musical on Broadway!." Shrek The Musical

10 comments:

  1. This is to cute, love watching the Shrek movies with my babies.I think the costume is sure to please instead of frighten.Have a happy and safe Halloween!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute costume!!! I haven't seen this one before. We are still deciding on costumes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Shrek. It is a great movie and this is a great costume

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a really cute costume! We just love the Shrek movies. Maybe my son will be him for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photo. The costume from Halloween Adventure look good too. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun costume! We loved all the Shrek movies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the costume! My daughter would be scared of it though since she thinks just about anything green is an alien lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute costume! My daughter is going to be a Car Hop girl this year with the outfit, hat, saddle shoes, and glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! My brothers would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a perfect costume and looks well made, too. It is very cold and often rainy for Halloween in my neck of the woods, too. We don't get trick or treaters, but kids wear costumes everywhere for days!

    ReplyDelete