Stay Connected

Facebook Twitter Google+ pinterest You Tube

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Ryan's, HomeTown Buffet and Old Country Buffet Have Some Cool Things Going On

Our friends at Ryan's, HomeTown Buffet and Old Country Buffet are at it again, always trying to keep their customers happy! I'm one happy costumer every time we go. I can always find reasons like "it feels like a road trip kinda day", "I have shopping to do and our mall just doesn't have the right stores" or "I didn't take anything out for dinner, I guess it is McDonald's tonight." Hungry men and McDonald's just don't mix well. I'm not going to waste your time so let's get to the good stuff these restaurants have. Other than the great food, drinks, and those yummy treats after - that is!

The first is the “Show Us Your Colors” sweepstakes, in which three randomly selected winners will receive a $20 gift card every week and one grand prize winner will win an all-expense paid trip to Washington DC. How to win? Visit the brands’ Facebook pages between September 29 and November 9 at Ryan's HomeTown Buffet Fb , Ryan's HomeTown Buffet or Old Country Buffet and upload a photo that reminds you of fall, whether it’s pumpkin carving, fuzzy sweaters or apple cobbler.  Apple Crisp is my fave this time of year.

During October, the restaurants are celebrating the 30th anniversary of the Ghostbusters. In honor of the films’ milestones, Ghostbusters 1 and 2 are being released on Blu-ray as special anniversary editions that will also feature a $3-off dinner coupon good at any of the family-style restaurants, which will also feature Ghostbusters-themed activities every Family Night in October.

This isn’t a trick… just a treat! Bring your little ghosts and goblins to any Ryan’s, HomeTown Buffet or Old Country Buffet restaurant on Halloween night (Friday, October 31, 2014) from 5-8 PM, and all costumed characters 11 years old and younger will enjoy a free meal. I don't know about you all, but that sounds awesome to me!

They are also giving us their recipe for a Creepy Cup of Dirt. Don’t feel like making it at home? Visit the buffet restaurants during October, where they’ll be serving up this spooky treat. I'll be taking my grandchildren for sure.

Creepy Cup of Dirt Yields one serving in a cup or container.

Ingredients:


  • Oreo cookies
  • chocolate
  • pudding
  • Gummy Worms

  • 1. Finely chop Oreo cookies into crumbs. (approx. 1 cookie per cup)
    2. Place chocolate pudding into the bottom of the cup, leaving a half inch at the top.
    3. Sprinkle Oreo crumbs on top of the chocolate pudding.
    4. Stick one end of the gummy worms into the Oreo cookies so that a portion of the worm sticks out on top.
    5. Place in refrigerator until you’re ready to serve

    My daughter stopped so I just sent the kids' home with her. I'm so mad at myself for not asking her to take a picture!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment