Stay Connected

Facebook Twitter Google+ pinterest You Tube

Sunday, September 21, 2014

The BETTER Electrical Outlet Cover Review



We have recently had the opportunity to review an outlet cover from CoverPlug. We received a sample, although, our opinion is honestly our own.

We have a very active toddler running around everyday. He is curious about everything. I have used the traditional plastic covers and have had mixed results with them. Either my toddler can easily pull on them or they are so hard to remove even the adults have trouble with them.

The CoverPlug fully covers the outlets to seamlessly hide unused electrical sockets. The CoverPlug is a durable, molded and paintable plastic panel. It plugs right into an electrical socket to cover the entire outlet. This innovative outlet cover is held securely in place by posts on the back that align with the ground openings. Their are no tools required for installation or removal. The specially designed plastic is paint able to match any wall color.

The outlet covers were made in the USA. They serve two purposes, to create a physical and visual barrier between your family and electrical outlets, and to cover unsightly outlets and make them virtually disappear. The design concept is easy and effective. The cover easily fits a standard grounded outlet, they mask the face-plate completely.

As a parent I feel it is my job to make our children's world a safe haven for them to grow and learn. I have had to often move furniture to less desirable places to cover outlets. I have even used duck tape, which is really very unattractive, but safety has to come before style. I really like that the CoverPlugs offer both safety and style. I haven't had a chance to paint our covers, but we plan to paint our walls soon and will paint the cover along with the room. Although I haven't painted it, it hasn't attracted our toddler to try to play with it. To him I guess its just part of the wall, nothing fascinating there. That's definitely what we aim for when baby-proofing, we don't want to make something that could be dangerous to stick out like a sore thumb.

I would recommend the CoverPlugs to other parents. It was easy to install, and it holds securely in place. Our toddler would not be able to remove it, but it is easily removed by an adult. If you wish to purchase your own CoverPlug, or read other testimonials by satisfied customers just head on over to HERE

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

7 comments:

  1. these are nice and they can prevent the anima; get in to the socket

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have three small grandchildren running around my house and I am definitely interested in these. I am terrified they are going to stick something in my outlets. These sound much more preferable than the little things I have to put in unused outlets - I am always scared I will forget to put them back in after I take them out to use the outlet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could really use this product. The standard outlet covers don't deter my boys one bit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this style much better than the plugs. These look nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darlene Jones-NelsonSeptember 28, 2014 at 1:19 PM

    I love that it is easy for an adult to install and hard for a toddler to get it off! Most stuff now a days its the opposite

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is a very nice style, and one that my grandsons wouldn't pay too much attention to, or try to get out like the other plugs I use...

    ReplyDelete
  7. These cover plugs are excellent when you have little ones running around the house and being curious. I always had the plastic covers on all outlets. But this is so modern. NIce

    ReplyDelete