Stay Connected

Facebook Twitter Google+ pinterest You Tube

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Thank you for the prayers and positive thoughts

As I said yesterday, my Dr.appointment was today with the surgeon. He performed a biopsy and was definitely more positive than I. I have been handling this like a death sentence and of course there is always that possibility, we aren't promised tomorrow, although, he gave me some hope.

The doctor said the kind of breast cancer I have is IBC, inflammatory breast cancer. It is an aggressive form of cancer but he reminded me to stay positive. IBC only effects 1 to 5% of breast cancer patients. I had no tumor or lump which is common for this type of breast cancer. IBC effects the skin and lymph nodes first, starting with breast swelling. It progresses quickly (sometimes within a very short amount of time)to the lymph nodes.

My following appointment is next week after all results are in. I'm still scared and wondering why but I feel much less gloom n' doom. I'm planning to explain every step of this in hopes it may help someone else. Especially with this type effecting so few of the breast cancer patients. Most women only look for bumps. That is all I ever did. When in fact the appearance of the breast can tell as much or more.

20 comments:

  1. Sending lots of love and prayers your way! You're a strong woman, you GOT this!! Your fellow bloggers are rooting for you all the way and we're here for you. :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This means more than you know, thank you all!

      Delete
  2. my thoughts and prayers are with you in this difficult time, stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending positive thoughts your way

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers for your health and peace of mind during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending thoughts and prayers. You sound so very strong, hope you can keep up the momentum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenn Crawford-LiermanOctober 11, 2014 at 10:23 PM

    My thoughts & prayers are with you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry to hear this, I am thinking positive and healing thoughts for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My great aunt was diagnosed with this form. She has been cancer free for many years now and participates in fundraising events supporting those with cancer. She just turned 89. Try to be positive. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad to hear this! Thank you for sharing.

      Delete
  9. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thoughts and prayers sent your way.

    ReplyDelete