Stay Connected

Facebook Twitter Google+ pinterest You Tube

Monday, November 3, 2014

Bright Starts Hide 'n Spin Monkey Review

We had the opportunity to facilitate a review for the Hide 'n Spin Monkey from Bright Starts .  Although we were given a sample, this review is honest and unbiased.

My grandson will be celebrating his first Christmas soon. He was born 6 days to late last year. He loves toys that play music and light up. I knew when we received the Hide 'n Spin Monkey that he would love it. We could tell before we opened the box that this toy lit up and was musical by the picture, he was already clapping his hands before we got the toy out of it's box.


The Hide 'n Spin Monkey is an adorable toy aimed at children 6-36 months. The toy has to be assembled at home with a Phillips head screwdriver. It is self explanatory and simple. The monkey has three buttons on his hat which flash, when they are pressed. It plays a song featuring the name of the shape on the button and the color of the button. The toy comes with 5 colored balls. They can go into the monkey's hat and the monkey's head will dip into the barrel. The balls will drop out of the spinning wheel.

The Hide 'n Spin Monkey also features silly monkey sounds, melodies and lights. The toy introduces the baby to shapes and counting. There are two ways you can play with this toy, sitting or standing. Drop balls into the barrel and the monkey will hide. The balls spin and roll, there are leaf gates that will control ball chasing fun. The Hide 'n Spin Monkey comes included with 2 AA batteries.

My grandson loves his Hide 'n Spin Monkey. He likes to press the monkey's nose. He laughs and laughs hearing the monkey's silly sounds. When I get him new toys I always try to make sure they are educational. I like that it will help him with his coordination and motor skills, and many of the key toddler skills. I like that as as interesting as this toy is to him sitting down, that when he begins to stand it will still hold appeal to him. Its a large toy, I was a little surprised when it arrived, it stands about 50cm. I would recommend this Hide n Spin Monkey to other parents, its adorable, it's fun, its educational, developmental, and it's affordable. I absolutely love watching my grandson clap and laugh at the lights and the music. There is no greater joy than watching your grand child's laughter as they play and learn. I gave him 2 weeks to play then packed it away for Christmas. Thinking he'll forget all about it and I'll get to watch him get excited all over again! It wasn't as good a plan as I had thought because I hadn't taken pictures yet. I knew you'd want to see it in action so I borrowed a neighbor. hehe


Bright Starts is a part of the Kids II family of brands. Kids II has been inventing and reinventing infant and toddler toys for more than 40 years. It has quickly become one of the world's fastest growing baby product companies. In 1969, the company was founded by a grandmother, who came up with a great idea to keep infants from slipping in the bathtub. Since that time even more original and inventive thinking has led to a long list of products that have revolutionized the industry.

Bright Starts Products can be bought at Walmart, Toys R Us, Babies R Us, Stein Mart, K-Mart, Burlington, Buy Buy Baby, Target, amazon.com, diapers.com, meijer, and Sears.

You can connect with Bright Starts via Their Facebook , @BrightStarts and Their Website

26 comments:

  1. What an adorable toy! My little guy loves monkeys, so I know he would enjoy this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable, what kid does not love monkeys! I am 40 and still love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! Looks like something kiddos would loves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My great grandbabies would love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute my grandson would love this

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think my daughter would get a lot of use from this! We are big monkey fans too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute and would be very entertaining for kids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so cute and it's interactive too! The grandkids would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dude! My son would love this. We have a different version but I think I should ask for this for him for Christmas from the family

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like a toy that any baby would get excited about :) I know that babies get surprised when something pops out of a toy, so this would definitely be a toy I'd buy for a baby :) I love the bright colors too which is good for a baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks so cute! Perfect for a Christmas gift!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute and colorful...kids are going to love the fun monkey character.
    savewish@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This toy is so cute I would play with it. I can see why a child would so delighted with it. The colors are bright and the monkey is cute and he light up. What more can you ask for?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, making toys for 40 years. This is a neat one, looks like a couple toddlers playing would be more fun for them. I like they added the sounds to him also.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This would be great for toddlers and young children.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute! My cousin did her son's nursery in a monkey theme. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This monkey is very cute and any child wouldlove the colors and the monkeys silly sounds and be fascinated by it, nice idea

    ReplyDelete
  18. My baby nephew seems to be obsessed with activities that involve motor skills. I think this kind of toy would be smart to have around if your kids enjoy funny sounds and interactive toys.
    I also love that the monkey is in a barrel. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a great educational toy for little children and I like the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have never heard of the Bright Stars toy company before but, I think that their toys are adorable and fun. I especially like this Spinning Monkey and the Around the World Activity Center.

    ReplyDelete
  21. i haven't heard of this brand before. My little guy is much too old for this, but this would have been perfect when he was a baby/toddler!
    allyson bossie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a awesome toy my granddaughter would like this.

    ReplyDelete