Stay Connected

Facebook Twitter Google+ pinterest You Tube

Monday, March 9, 2015

Our Visit to Disney Treasure Trove on Ice

I'm a bit late with this post but better late then never, right? Leah, our 4 year old, did not want much for Christmas except Princesses! Well, there are only so many things "Princess" that these parents can deal with, if you know what I mean. We pondered the situation for most of the Fall before we decided to purchase her and I tickets to "Disney Treasure Trove On Ice." There were some dates open in late February and early March in Pennsylvania so we grabbed them but not before asking one of my friends Erin, and her son Jaxson, which is also Leah's friend, if they would like to attend with us.


Leah could barely contain herself waiting for the day to get here. The normal "how many days now, mom"? and "it's never gonna get here" were constants out of her little lips. Finally the day came. Leah insisted she wear her Anna hair, she received the cuteness for Christmas along with her Anna dress. I bought the yarn and a very talented lady in her Girl Scout Troop handmade the Anna hair. It turned out beautifully!

It took us about an hour to get there. In the backseat we could hear sweet little voices chattering about what they imagined would be there. Of course, as you walk in, there was high priced items every where being sold with children exclaiming how much they wanted them and mine was no different. I had explained that this would be happening while we were on our way but to no avail. Once in our seats it didn't stop. I understand everyone has to make a living but this was plain highway robbery - I tell ya!

First a circle of light came out onto the ice and everyone quieted down. Some ooh's and awe's from the audience then it began, one famous animated character after another. All the princesses, with the exception of the Frozen Princesses, Lion King, Peter Pan, Little Mermaids and so forth. My fave was Lion King, being from the 80's, 90's. Each had their own special skit no one better than the other, all awesome! Leah loved the Little Mermaids the most. She was also pretty much on her toes when Rapunzel hit Flinn with the frying pan, probably her most excited moment. Leave it to my kid. Haha Her and Jaxson jumped from their seats each time the HUGE crocodile popped out during Peter Pan. Both Leah and Jaxson's attention was right on during the entire show.

This was NOT a sponsored event, although, I would really like to suggest it to anyone with small children. What events have you taken your children to that they just loved? Which was your fave?

5 comments:

  1. This sounds so exciting. I can't say I've experienced anything comparable, the closest are the country fairs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, they look like they are having a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow how precious!! What beautiful kids! :) Looks like you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omgosh I love her Anna braids!! Sounds like it was a great time!! I love the little mermaid too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a lot of fun! Your kids are so cute! I can't wait to take my kids to things like this someday!!

    ReplyDelete