Stay Connected

Facebook Twitter Google+ pinterest You Tube

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Minbie Bottle and Teat Review

We receive a sample in exchange for a honest an unbiased review.

We had the opportunity to facilitate a review for a bottle and two teats from Minbie.

Choosing the best baby bottle for little Brandi Lynn was important. When we brought our granddaughter home breastfeeding could not be an option. She has been very picky about her bottles, it took trying out a few bottles before she was comfortable.



When Brandi Lynn was almost a month old she was diagnosed with acid reflux. The bottle that seemed to work for her cost over ten dollars for one! Crazy, right. I was a little nervous about this review. I didn't know if Brandi Lynn would take to this new bottle after four months with the other one she preferred to others. To my utter delight my baby girl was all for the Minbie bottle and teat, she drank the whole bottle down with no issues. I wish I had come across these bottles five months ago.

The lateral and longitudinal contours of Minbie's breakthrough design allows baby to bottle feed using the instinctive breastfeeding techniques that their born with so that they do not need to change anything about their sucking. The design of the teat allows the baby to control the feed-rate which helps to prevent the reflux, and provides a sustainable latch for good venting to prevent colic.

The shape of the teat is very different from a normal orthodontic one-very similar to a nipple, made from high quality soft silicone teat matches breastfeeding techniques. The tapering nipple is designed to sit closer to the soft palate thus assisting with latching on, feeding and swallowing. The teat has a shallower upper profile towards the tip, which supports baby's instinctive ability to nurse the nipple. It may reduce reflux and colic. The nipple on the teat is slightly off-centre, which offers a more natural and sustainable latch on. There is a small streamlined bulge on the tongue side of the teat which assists with baby's instinctive breastfeeding technique. It is easier to combine breast feeds from the first day.

Minbies provides a high quality feeding experience that aides in the nurturing of the baby's feeding, natural jaw and digestive development. Minbie is an Australian company they spent 13 years testing and trialing hundreds of designs.

I would recommend this bottle and teat to other mothers. If you are a breastfeeding mom this bottle and the design of the teat would be a great choice to supplement with formula. Minbie is made to support the breastfeeding technique.

You can connect to Minbie via Minbie , Minbie Facebook and @MinbieBaby .
Disclosure: This review was created in partnership with Mom Buzz Media. I received a Minbie bottle free of charge in order to facilitate the review. All opinions expressed above are my own and are not influenced in any way.

7 comments:

  1. This sounds like a bottle that will help alleviate a couple of problems that babies have with bottle feeding. I will keep this on mind if I hear of anyone who is looking to bottle feed their baby to supplement breast feeding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an awesome bottle! My first baby wasn't too picky about bottles, but my boys were a whole different story! I love the design of the teat on the bottles, sounds like it would be perfect for any baby. Wish I could have tried this with my boys who were not only picky, but also had acid reflux pretty bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This takes me back to when my boys were that old. Acid reflux can be quite scary, luckily my two didn't have that problem, but I do know other like yourself who have. Will definitely have to share your review to them x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww how lovely! So glad to find something that works for her!! :) Great choice and review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great bottles and teats for the babies. My sister uses these and she is breastfeeding. Awesome products indeed. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, I think there are many people that think all bottles are the same, but they sure aren't. Also, what works for your first kid, may not work at all for your second. I had not heard of this company, thanks for the info. Sounds like a great choice if you have a baby that struggles with acid reflux.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know, I think there are many people that think all bottles are the same, but they sure aren't. Also, what works for your first kid, may not work at all for your second. I had not heard of this company, thanks for the info. Sounds like a great choice if you have a baby that struggles with acid reflux.

    ReplyDelete