Stay Connected

Facebook Twitter Google+ pinterest You Tube

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Super Scrabble by Winning Moves Review

We received a sample in exchange for a honest and unbiased review.

Folks, it is officially Fall! The outside world is about to get a makeover in beautiful colors of reds, golds and yellows. Soon we will be thinking of cozy sweaters and blankets. One of my favorite ways to spend a chilly Fall night is drinking hot cocoa and playing family games.



This Fall we added a new classic game to our collection Super Scrabble from Winning Moves. I have always loved Scrabble, growing up it was one of my favorites. Winning Moves has now made a better version to the classic Scrabble game.

What makes Super Scrabble great? The 200 tiles it comes with and three extra columns around the board. You can now make words like dazzle and wazzle. Is wazzle even a word? It is up for debate in my family. There are a lot of words you can now use that you could not before because of the shortage of letters.

Aware of the entertainment and educational value that games have, Winning Moves has been a leading maker in board games, card games and puzzles for nearly twenty years. As a result of their close relationship with Hasbro Inc. Winning Moves now exclusively makes and markets long lived classic games. Such as Monopoly, Rubik's Cube and Pay make In addition to offering retro favorites Winning Moves strives to make fun and cool new games for children and families to enjoy together.

Super Scrabble is recommended for ages eight and up, and Two to four players. The contents of the game include a game board, history booklet, 200 wooden tile letters, a drawstring letter storage bag, four wooden storage racks, score pad and rules.

We absolutely loved adding this to our collection of games and can't wait to add more classics from Winning Moves. I love sharing childhood games I grew up playing with my children. I also like getting games such as Super Scrabble for educational purposes, Scrabble can definitely be used to help children recognize letters and words.

You can connect with Winning Moves Games via Facebook , @WinningMovesUSA , Pinterest , You Tube and Winning Moves Games Website .

34 comments:

  1. I love Scrabble, this is a awesome game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scrabble has been a huge staple in my gaming life. I love to play with friends, family and even new people I may just have met.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We try to have game night at least one a month. My kids would love to play Scrabble!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looked it up and wazzle is a word although slang, not sure if that is allowed in scrabble. This looks like a great deluxe board, my old scrabble is missing pieces and is 30 years old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have playing Scrabble since I was a kid. Now, we play with our kids and granddaughter.
      marcia.goss@gmail.com

      Delete
    2. I remember spending hours playing Candyland with my kids when they were toddlers. They loved it!
      marcia.goss@gmail.com

      Delete
  5. I didn't know that they made a Super Scrabble. My daughters and I use to play the original Scrabble every night when they were little. It helped with their word vocabulary and spelling. I miss those days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope I win, I love scrabble to have so I can play it with my mom

      Delete
  6. My son's family loves to play Scrabble. I like it too... it makes the children learn to spell.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our family has not played this great game in awhile now, it would be perfect to have for our family game nights that we have during the cold winter months.

    ReplyDelete
  8. scrABBLE is about my favcourite game in the world. just had a bad breakup and he kept everything , even my board games. this seems like a great place to start rebuilding my collection!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Scrabble and this is a beautiful set. I can see my family enjoying it for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've always loved playing Scrabble! This is obviously a new addition that I've never seen, but would love to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love scrabble. I like it because it is fun for adults and older kids as well. A great way to keep the mind sharp and have fun at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the board game Scrabble and played it a lot when I was a kid. Now my husband and I play it on the computer but playing it on a board is more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We enjoy playing Scrabble as a family but I didn't know there was such a thing as Super Scrabble! This looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. scrabble will always be one of my favorite games! great way to learn and bond.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This would be a great Christmas present for my oldest granddaughter. She and her husband have friends over all the time to play board games.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always liked playing Scrabble. This version sounds like it would be even more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this, it would be a Christmas present for my Grandson. He is really into board games.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Scrabble is probably my favorite game. My husband, daughter and I play it quite often. I have never played Super Scrabble.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Seeing this was like meeting a celebrity, LOL. SUPER Scrabble? Umm.. Yes, please. I have a love of word games and, much to my family's chagrin, I tend to be overly competitive while playing. I would love to whip out this bad boy next time I get together with them for a game night!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I use to play scrabble all the time. We lost our scrabble board when we moved.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'd love to play Super Scrabble as Scrabble is my favorite board game. I'd love to play with extra tiles and extra spaces! I'm glad they are partnering with Hasbro and bringing back some of the classics :) Thank you for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  22. We only own two games! We need Scrabble.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love Scrabble, so Super Scrabble should be even more fun! Thank you for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Scrabble is fun to play and helps build your vocabulary. I like to play games with my kids were you can play but learn too.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I grew-up playing Scrabble at my grandmother's house and you're absolutely right in that it's super educational. I'd love to have this game to share my my son and grandson too. Thank-you for the review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love scrabble! It is my favorite board game by far. My mom and I played it all the time when I was a kid anbd an adult lol.

    ReplyDelete
  27. We love board games in our house. It helps make a long winter or rainy day go by quickly, and gives us a fun way to enjoy ourselves and do things together as a family. I haven't played Scrabble in ages, so this would definitely be a great addition to my board game collection.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I have never played super scrabble but I have played the regular scrabble. This is a good board game

    ReplyDelete
  29. When growing up I use to love playing scrabble with my sister. Now I play it with my children.

    ReplyDelete
  30. We used to have scrabble when I was growing up. We've never played it as a family, I think it would be fun to play it with my husband & daughters.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Scrabble is so much fun! For my family, we end up having to look up words in the dictionary to be sure no one's trying to cheat!

    commonsenseandstilettos@yahoo.com
    Jasmine P

    ReplyDelete