Stay Connected

Facebook Twitter Google+ pinterest You Tube

Monday, October 12, 2015

I have had my Annual Mammogram have YOU with INFO

My last appointment before winter is always my annual mammogram. Last year I had the scare of my life, although, it turned out to be benign. I was so grateful. I still went for my annual mammogram this year because my life is important to me and my loved ones. I am losing my father to cancer right now. He was sent home with Hospice 3 days ago. I can't explain the pain I am feeling. For this post, I just want to get across that I would never want anyone especially not my loved ones to go through the pain and loss I am going through. If that could be prevented then I would be even more adamant. Breast cancer can be beat. I have seen it twice. Two of my dear friends were diagnosed, fought and won over this horrid disease. Please, if not for yourself, do it for a loved one!

Information from #Care4TheCause @C4Belts @NBCF


  • On average, every 2 minutes a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer and 1 woman will die of breast cancer every 13 minutes.
  • 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime.
  • Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in women.
  • Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death among women, exceeded only by lung cancer.
  • Each year, an estimated 230,000 + women in the U.S. will be diagnosed with breast cancer. More than 40,000 of them will die.
  • Although rare, an estimated 2,350 MEN will be diagnosed in the U.S. with breast cancer.
  • 440 men will die in the U.S. every year from breast cancer. It’s a men’s issue too!
  • 40% of diagnosed breast cancers are detected by women who feel a lump.
  • Approx. 70% of women diagnosed with breast cancer are over the age of 50 at diagnosis.
  • Over 2.9 million breast cancer survivors are alive in the United States Today.
  • 3 comments:

    1. Yup, I had mine last month...I even had to have two of them because they called me back the next day, I had to come have more tests. They "saw" something. Turns out all is well. So yes it is very important to have them done.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Better that you were rechecked and found nothing than have had something and not been rechecked.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Thanks for the info, very helpful!

      ReplyDelete