Stay Connected

Facebook Twitter Google+ pinterest You Tube

Monday, November 23, 2015

Ripley's Believe It Or Not: Eye Popping Oddities Review

We received a sample in exchange for a honest an unbiased review.

We had the opportunity to facilitate a review for the Ripley's Believe It Or Not -Eye Popping Oddities, the 2016 edition.



I have always been a fan of Ripley's Believe It Or Not.I took the kids into one of the museums once and they thought all the strangeness was the coolest thing ever. I knew when I received this newest edition they would love it. They have shared it with their friends, and certain stories from the book are constant conversation around here.


This huge hardcover book is 9"x 113/4". The quality of both the cover and the pages are great. The cover is bright and metallic, with different sized eyeballs. The pictures are bright and sometimes a little gruesome, but it's Ripley's Believe It Or Not, It's awesome! It is packed full of incredible photographs, unbelievable stories that have been 100 percent verified, amazing facts and a thousand more oddities.

The text is easy to read for pre teens and teenagers, adults will get thrills from this as well. I read it from cover to cover before passing it to my boys. I was amazed, I laughed and got grossed out a few times, all in all I loved it and look forward to more. My boys had quite the same reactions, except they are boys, I think gross stuff is just awesome to them.

From a women who married a ferris wheel to Zhong Yilong who pulled a van with a chain hooked to his nostrils.( A very big ouch! ) This book is full of things that will have you awed for weeks. Keep it on the coffee table as a conversation piece. Tell people about the hedgehog who is so flat she can't roll into a ball. If it is odd, chances are it will be found in the Ripley's Believe It Or Not -Eye Popping Oddities.

If you or your teens are into strange and true facts this is the book for you. It would be a great gift for Christmas. It is an incredible collection of weird and wacky facts in the world. From strange traditions in far off places to horrific traffic, crazy hair cuts and lots more!

You can connect with Ripley's: Facebook, @Ripleys, Pinterest, You Tube and Instagram.

6 comments:

  1. ive got several older grandsons,that would totally love this book,,they have been to the event that is near us and loved it,good to have something good for kids to enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a couple of grandchildren who love this stuff lol, and always ask me to find this on the tv or youtube, they thinks it just fascinating knowing or not knowing..
    @tisonlyme143

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a ton of fun! My husband and I both used to watch the tv show so this is a great little gift idea for him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have such fond Ripley's memories. I need to track this book down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is in one of the giveaways under the giveaway tab above ending 12/7 Good Luck!

      Delete
  5. I always loved these books (and Guinness Book of World Records) as a kid. Would love to pass on the fascination to my young nephews.

    ReplyDelete