Stay Connected

Facebook Twitter Google+ pinterest You Tube

Thursday, December 10, 2015

My First Blog Post - About My Rats

Hi, This is Kayla, granddaughter to Gladys, daughter to Christina.

I am 9 years old and I have 2 pet rats, Bella and Mouse. I chose rats because they are tamed easier, and have less chances of biting than some of the other rodent pets such as hamsters or gerbils.



I started with Jazmin and Harper. At the pet store they keep some of the rats together both male and female. Harper had babies right away so mom called the pet store and they said to return them for another rat. This is how I got my white rat with red eyes, Bella. Soon after, Jazzy had babies. We also returned Jazzy and her babies and kept one of the babies. I named her Mouse. She is grey and white with black eyes.



Bella and Mouse get along very well. Bella sits on Mouse's head when they sleep. Mouse doesn't even care. Bella is very energetic and out going, while Mouse is very scared, timid and jumpy. Mouse does love to sit on my shoulder under my hair or under my collar. Also Mouse lays up in the top corner of my cage and sleeps. Now Bella likes to try to climb down my back and climb all over the floor. Also Bella likes to put her paws up on my head and tangle in my hair.

In the rats food dish there is mice and rat food which has corn, carrot bits, pellets etc. I will make another blog post about there food and nutrients.

Low volume music is fine to have around rats. If the music is to loud rats will do sort of crazy things. My rats go crazy when the volume is to loud. Bella climbs all over the cage when the music is loud. Mouse sometimes knocks over the food dish. When my rats get scared they have a three story cage. So When they get scared they will literally fly down the stories. It is important to keep the music low.

What kind of pets do you have?

No comments:

Post a Comment