Stay Connected

Facebook Twitter Google+ pinterest You Tube

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

My Rats Food And Nutrients



NOTE: This list is not all inclusive.

Hello this is Kayla and this post is about my rats food and nutrients. My rats Mouse and Bella`s diet includes mice and rat food. Sometimes I feed them some veggies like lettuce, carrots, or spinach. Also fruits like apple slices, or banana slices. For protein I feed them egg or turkey. When my rats eat human food they act a little more out going.




What rats are allowed to eat. Rats are aloud to eat grapes, chunks of strawberries, pear, apples, oranges, bananas, mostly any fruit. Also, they can eat veggies like squash, carrots, broccoli, and other veggies. They can eat peanuts lightly salted, Chex mix, a little cake as a sweet. One or two black beans, and fish is fine just not too much.


What rats can`t eat. They can`t eat salted peanuts, kidney or chili beans. Also they can`t eat a lot of fatty food like cookies, marshmallows, a lot of sugar, whipped cream, gravy, milk and NO chocolate. Also not listed is no salt.


Occasionally treats including bread soaked in a little milk, chunk of cake, lightly salted chip, and meats like turkey, ham, chicken. Also chunks of onion is ok for them to have.

P.S. Do not over feed your rats it is not healthy. 

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I was hoping to see pics of your rats! I used to have pet rats and they were so sweet. Besides their rat food, I would give them veggies, fruit, and every once in awhile, a piece of peanut butter cracker.

    ReplyDelete