Stay Connected

Facebook Twitter Google+ pinterest You Tube

Monday, December 21, 2015

Reindeer Dust Activity Book (with the whole family in mind)

We received a sample in exchange for a honest an unbiased review.



We had an opportunity to review Kate Dwyer's newest book called Reindeer Dust.

Around the globe, families are getting into the magic of Christmas, doing Holiday traditions that have existed throughout many years. One tradition that is quickly developing across the nation is sprinkling "reindeer dust" on Christmas Eve to attract Santa Claus's reindeer. This is a great way to get the family into the spirit of Christmas and spend time together.

Where and how did this become a tradition one might wonder? In Kate Dwyer's new holiday picture book she immerses readers into a fun magical story about hungry and harried reindeer who can't find any houses to land on due to thick fog. With a sled full of overflowing presents, Santa will never be able to deliver if his reindeer don't know where to land! A little boy named William devises a plan, he mixes up a special batch of reindeer dust. Along with his family and friends, they sprinkle it outside reciting "I will always believe"! The reindeer are able to see the glittering trail of reindeer dust through the fog and Christmas is saved!

Dwyer, a mother of two and passionate advocate for children’s advancement and literacy, knew she had to share the magic behind reindeer dust when her own family became so attached to the yearly tradition. She aimed to engage children’s imaginations through family participation.

“It was important for me to write a book that features an engaging element that would both visually and physically bring the story to life,” Dwyer says.

With a captivating tale and beautiful illustrations, Reindeer Dust is sure to do just that. After reading about the origin of reindeer dust, families can turn to the back of the book, where there is a special Reindeer Dust Recipe and poem to recite on Christmas Eve. Children will stay engaged and parents will love that reindeer dust encourages a fun and positive new tradition.

About the Author:

Kate Dwyer is a seasoned marketing executive and mom to 8-year old twins. She is actively involved in several children’s charities and organizations. Combined, this experience has uniquely positioned her to take on her latest role as a children’s book author.

Reindeer Dust is the recent recipient of the Mom’s Choice Gold Award and the IBPA Gold (for best cover design) and two Silver (for best first book and best interior design) Awards.

My children love making Reindeer dust, and sprinkling it all over the yard so Santa can find his way to our house. This book has really cute illustrations and is a fun read with the kids. It's an exciting story that tells the kids how the tradition of sprinkling reindeer dust came about. It engages the kids imaginations and helps to further their love for reading. In the back their is a recipe for reindeer dust and a poem for Christmas eve. It's a great tradition to start and I hope they carry it into their adult lives and do it with their children. As I plan to take this book out every Christmas and read it!

Reindeer Dust is available at Amazon and Barnes and Noble .

You can connect via Facebook, @reindeer_dust, and Website.

29 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing,this does sound like a lovely book to share with the children,cute illustrationson the cover page

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic! I will share this with my children. Never heard of the reindeer dust.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a great book for children. I remember making reindeer dust and putting it outside then watching the kids faces in the morning. Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is cute! I would love to have this one for my grandchildren. Will look into it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am always looking for book suggestions for the grandkids. Reindeer Dust looks magical! Love the artwork. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a cute and sweet Christmas read. I love the picture on the front!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since it is going to be a warm, green Christmas...with the possibility of fog on Christmas Eve...we definitely need all of the "Reindeer Dust" as possible to sprinkle over the homes of everyone in Ontario, Canada!!! I love this book idea, and would love to get it for my nephews for next year's holiday season!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! This book looks like a lot of fun, I would love to get it for my 3 kiddos! Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This lloks like the cutest book. I love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My niece would love this activity book!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks a bit young for my crew, but it would be great for those not reading yet or early readers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love kids' books that have activities with them. This one is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My kids love these Holiday season books! I think is one that I could have read to them and made memories, maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is so true that more and more families do not play together..in your own words "Children will stay engaged and parents will love that reindeer dust encourages a fun and positive new tradition" this seems like just the thing to bring the families together

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would love this book for my grandchildren. I will check it out. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks like it would have been have when my kids were little! Thanks for sharing and maybe if/when there are grandkids! love this cute book!

    ReplyDelete
  17. cute story, my little ones would have fun with this, we leave out carrots for the reindeer along with santa's cookies

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a cute idea! I love glitter and could always use an excuse to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute and sounds like a nice way to enjoy time together.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think this sounds like a great book. We do a lot of games/coloring/reading when we are all together for the holidays. I could see getting this and starting a tradition for the younger kids with this. Maybe along with decorating cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This sounds like an adorable book! I'm going to have to put it on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice story. we love reading holidays season books. I will add this book to my collection. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's adorable! And I love the title.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sounds like a great book that any child would love. Will have to keep this in mind next year for gift giving.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sounds adorable - will keep it in mind for next year for the grandkids.

    ReplyDelete