Stay Connected

Facebook Twitter Google+ pinterest You Tube

Sunday, January 3, 2016

Monopoly: The Mega Edition by Winning Moves Review

We received a sample in exchange for a honest an unbiased review.

Game Night is an important part of our week. Its super fun to spend time with the kids goofing around and laughing. If you have children and haven't implemented game night, please do so. It's a wonderful way to spend time with your children.

We are big fans of board games, so recently I had the opportunity to review Monopoly Mega Edition from Winning Moves. We own the classic Monopoly and it is my son's favorite game. He often ask us to play, most of us shy away just because it takes too long to play. We like the game it was one of our childhood games and it was a favorite of mine as well.



My son was excited to find out we have the Monopoly Mega Edition. We surprised him with it. We like when we can enjoy games with the kids that we played when we were children. Would you believe Monopoly officially turned 80 years old recently. Monopoly is a classic loved by many to this day.

The Monopoly Mega Edition is a family board game for two to eight players aged 8 years old and up. What makes this game board even better? Play time only last about an hour, this is far shorter than the classic monopoly. The board game is bigger, there's a new speed die, play is faster with this new mega edition.

The most obvious change you will see in the Monopoly Mega Edition is the board. There are more squares such as the gas company and the lucky birthday gift. A new property has been added to each color. All properties now have a skyscraper that goes beyond the hotels for the maximum rate of $3000. The railroads are the same except now players build depots, which raise the stakes. The new speed die allow players to move farther around the board. Also featured are two Mr. Monopolies which allow players to automatically go to the next unowned space. Bus tickets are now a key part of the game, 7 players can spend one card instead of rolling the die.

The Mega Edition Monopoly is a grander and faster game, but the classic heart of monopoly is still there. My son loves this game and often he surprises us with his strategies to win.

Winning moves was founded by for highly esteemed game industry professionals Phil Orbanes, Mike Meyers, Tom Kremer and Alex Randolph. Their mission is to provide happiness to their consumers by offering retro cool and fun games. Winning Moves is a great place to add to your collection of games, they have a wide selection of awesome choices.

Winning Moves is a leading maker of board games, card games and puzzles. During their first year of operation in 1995, they forged a close relationship with one of the world's leading game companies Hasbro Inc., owner of Parker Brothers and Milton Bradley. Many long lived Parker Brothers and Milton Bradley games are made now exclusively by Winning Moves, as a result.

You can connect with Winning Moves via Facebook, @WinningMovesUSA, Pinterest, You Tube and Winning Moves Website.

46 comments:

  1. Wow this is so cool I love when there is a twist to and old classic and my family loves to play monopoly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love this game I used to have one but lost some of easiest plz

      Delete
  2. Monopoly has been around for years and is still a lot of fun to play, I used to play with my brothers all the time and of course I was the banker, I have 5 granddaughters who love to play games and the older ones have played Monopoly and I think it is about time that the younger ones have the same opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to play this with our kids. We collect Monopoly editions and game night can end up lasting all night long with the traditional versions. Would love to play this faster edition of our favorite game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe Monopoly is 80 yrs old! Well I think this sounds awesome. I am glad your son enjoys
    it. I think my whole family would love it as much as they have the original or maybe more so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Monopoly is one of 3 of my all time favorite games to play! We have had many late night games going in our home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome and so cool! Great game to play with family for those snowed in days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love Monopoly! Just teaching my grandsons how to play it! Thanks for the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love playing Monopoly. It gives the family something to do together that is enjoyable, especially when the weather is really nasty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always loved playing Monopoly as a kid! I still play with a group of friends when we get together every month to catch up & have dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where's the fun in a game of Monopoly that doesn't keep the whole family awake all night?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Faster game time is a huge plus. My kids never make through to the end of monopoly but they love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I love Monopoly but it usually takes too long!

      Delete
  12. The kids and I love to play Monopoly. This Mega one looks good. I have never seen this one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've always said Monopoly should be renamed monotony. It's fun for the first hour but the next six are kinda iffy. Definitely excited about the Mega edition that doesn't take all day and night!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Elizabeth miller. We love game night in our home. We also love momopoly but typically try to stay clear of it because of the time involved. This is great that they have made an addition that somewhat caps out at about an hour.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We love Monopoly from when we were kids. Now I play with my grand kids . Lots of different themes of monopoly - so many to choose from .

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know Monopoly has been around for decades because I played as a child and my grown daughter played as a child too. I always enjoyed playing

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have played and love Monopoly since I was a kid. I played with my kids and now grandkids. But, we would quit early sometimes, because the game took too long1 I like the MEGA EDITION!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Betsy Rubendall Barnes
    bbpinktaz60 (at) gmail (dot) com

    I love that the Monopoly Mega Edition is faster to play! Sometimes, nobody wants to play because it could go on for a long time :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like that it plays faster than the regular one. It would be good when you want to play but don't want to spend the whole evening.

    slehan at juno dot com

    ReplyDelete
  20. This has always been my favorite game, I loved playing it with my parents and sisters, my children and now my grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This sounds like fun. I love the original Monopoly, and this looks so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love playing monopoly. I play monopoly Junior with my son and the adult version with my hun. We love it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I remember playing Monopoly as a child and I would love to have the Mega Edition to teach my grandson to play when he's a little older.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like that play time only lasts about an hour. the kids like to play but it gets too long and then they quit

    tiramisu392 (at) yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. We love the Classic Monopoly and enjoy playing it when we are stuck inside when the weather is bad and we have time to finish the game. This version would also be great for us since it doesn't last so long we could play it even when we don't have all day to finish the game!

    ReplyDelete
  26. We love playing Monopoly!! We use to play with the children all the time and also played with the grandkids. I guess when the great grandkids are old enough we will play with them also!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. wow I can not believe they are 80 years old. We have always loved playing monopoly.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I used to love playing Monopoly! My son is 6 now, and I think it's about time he finally learned how to play it!

    ReplyDelete
  29. We love Monopoly! Its our favorite board game.

    ReplyDelete
  30. My family loves to play Monopoly. This would be so great for my family's board game night.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This has always been a favorite of mine. Thank you for the entry.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh! That looks exciting. I love board games, but one of the things that keeps us from busting out a game is how long it can take to play! This would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I've always loved playing Monopoly but to tell the truth I've never finished a game, it just takes too long.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I'd love to try this new version of Monopoly. I think as long as the people that play, understand basic regular Monopoly, they would enjoy this version too :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. I agree that the shorter play time can be better. It's nice to have a choice now.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow...80 years old, who knew!! We have always enjoyed playing Monopoly! I love that this Mega Edition of Monopoly has a larger playing board with new added spaces...how fun :) The shorter playing time is definitely a plus!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I haven't played Monopoly in many years, but I used to when I was a teenager (ages ago). My friends and I would spend hours and hours playing this FAB game.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I LOVE board games and have a large collection, which I love adding to. Monopoly is a game I remember from when I was younger but the only disadvantage was the time it took to play. This mega edition sounds great. The new features, such as the bigger board, skyscrapers, etc will be fun to try.

    ReplyDelete
  39. We've been looking for one for our family. This would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  40. My son loves Monopoly. I used to play it a lot when I was a kid too!

    ReplyDelete
  41. ive always been a monopoly fan and this one looks awesome

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love Monopoly! I especially like the shorter playing time so you can still enjoy playing a game even if you have a busy schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  43. This is so great I love monopoly but it lasts forever so this would be perfect for us

    ReplyDelete
  44. A quicker version of Monopoly that still seems like real Monopoly sounds amazing! We have Monopoly Empires, and while it is quicker, it is too quick! We played our first game and finished in under 10 minutes with 4 players!

    ReplyDelete