Stay Connected

Facebook Twitter Google+ pinterest You Tube

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Old Time Candy Decade 1970 Review

We received a sample in exchange for a honest an unbiased review.

We have had the opportunity to receive a box of decade's candy from Old Time Candy .



I chose a box of the 70's Candy because I was born in 1977. Then I thought I should of asked for a box of 1980's candy. I grew up eating 80's candy. It was pretty cool though, to see the candy kids were buying back when my parents were younger.


Some of the candy in our box was Chic-O-Sticks, Candy Buttons on paper, Wax Lips, Life Savers and Lemon Heads. Some of the candy I remembered as being some of my favorites growing up.


My kids were over the moon excited about a box of over 650 pieces of candy. They thought it was cool too,that the candy was what was in, in the 1970's. They didn't kid me though, they were in it for the candy, it could of been 1800's candy, as long as it was candy. The only item in the whole box none of them cared for was the Wax Lips, they don't get into those or the little wax juicy bottles. Of course, because they weren't here through the wax phase they just can't understand. They will never understand the thrill of watching the first Jaws at a Drive in theater either. I kinda feel a little sorry for them. 

Can you remember what your favorite candy was as a child? At Old Time Candy you can choose from your favorite decade 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's or 90's. Each of their 2 or 4 pound assortment is packed with fresh candy from the times of stars like The Bee Gees, The Beatles, Elvis Presley and The Police. You can also get an all decades assortment. This would be a perfect birthday gift. Visit Old Time Candy's web site for personalized candy gifts.



There are over 650 candies to choose from. If a whole box is too much or an assortment isn't just right pack your bag of candy. Select your old time favorites and Old Time Candy will put them into a pack or bag. When you send to someone as a gift a free ribbon and hand written card are included.

Karen and Donny Ray of LaGrange, Ohio are the owners of Old Time Candy and certified baby boomers. They both grew up in the late 60's, when it was .50 to go to the picture show and buying a large bag of popcorn only cost a dime. Their daughter grew up in the generation x time, and when she was old enough joined Old Time Candy to work along side her mom and dad.

Old Time Candy would make a great Mother's Day gift. Give your mom a box of candy from the decade of her youth.

You can connect with Old Time Candy via Facebook , @oldtimecandy , Pinterest , Google + and Old Time Candy Website .

6 comments:

  1. Yum! I remember all those candies from my child hood. Thanks for letting us know where we can get a piece of our past back. Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great review that brings me back! I use to LOVE Fun Dip when I was a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candy Buttons on Paper--I still grab it when I see it around!! I have ordered from Old Time Candy on the past--besides the memories (only good ones when it comes to candy)--the candy is scrumptious!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great blast from the past. I remember several of these candies from back in the day when we'd go to the movie theater.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss these yummy treats!! :) Thank you for the smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can remember lots of candy from the 80's like hubba-bubba bubble gum is sour apple, so good!

    ReplyDelete