Stay Connected

Facebook Twitter Google+ pinterest You Tube

Sunday, June 4, 2017

Sandless Foldable Beach Wagon from Hammacher Schlemmer

We received a sample in exchange for a honest and unbiased review.

We had the opportunity to facilitate a review for the Sandless Foldable Beach Wagon from Hammacher Sclemmer .



Whose ready to build sandcastles and splash in the waves! I am so happy that beach days are here again. We have already had one of our first beach days of this summer. The water wasn't super warm the day we went but it was a good time. I can't wait to pack up the cooler and go again.



One of the more annoying things about visiting the beach is the amount of sand that ends up going home with you. Don't get me wrong I love the sand, but I'd prefer to leave it at the beach when I leave. This year I'm excited to be using the foldable beach wagon from Hammacher Schlemmer. I really love this big wagon, it's made from materials used in military applications to contain sand and dust when helicopters land and take off. Constructed using a layer of woven PVV mesh, the wagon instantly sends the sand back to the beach as soon as it falls on the surface. The rip-stop polyurethane construction on the backing resists abrasions and prevents mold and mildew.



The frame of the wagon is constructed of sturdy steel and the 7 1/4" diameter wheels feature a 2 3/4" wide rubber tread for trips over pavement, sand and other outdoor environments. For comfort while transporting the wagon handles are made out of soft nylon. The wagon actually supports up to 150 lbs and conveniently folds up for easy storage.



The sandless foldable red beach wagon is sturdy and constructed out of high quality materials. I was so impressed as I pulled the wagon through the sand. I'm not sure how much weight I packed up in the wagon but it was packed. The wheels glided and pivoted through the sand nicely. I love that I'm going to get a lot of use out of this wagon during summer months. Not only is it going to be a great asset for our beach days, but we are going to be able to use it when we go camping, to fairs and parks. The wagon eliminates and filters out dirt, sand, dust and water from its surface. If it happens to get dirty It seems the material would be easily wiped with a couple wipes. This awesome little red wagon ensures a comfortable and clean experience whether spending the day on the beach or in the woods camping. SSHHHH Gladys' special son even took it to the grocery store. The ice cream was on sale and no one would take him. Five ice creams and $80. spent on his mom's debit card later - he came strolling back with a grin of achievement and his groceries in tow. He did well too, $20.under his allotment. See, there are many good uses, not just the sand.



The exact measurements the wagon opens up to is 43 1/4" L x 21 3/4" W x 46". Folded up the wagon weighs 25 1/4 lbs.



The sandless foldable beach wagon was developed only for Hammacher Schlemmer. Hammacher Schlemmer was the reinvention of the hardware store. Thirteen years before the civil war an uncommon hardware store located in New York City's Bowery District made a first impression that reverberates in history of retailing to this day.

In the early 19th century, high quality hardware was not easy to come by. This little store gained a quick reputation for offering some of the best mortise, gauges, plumb bobs and fine tools that were sold anywhere in the city.

Shortly thereafter, 12 year old William Schlemmer began selling tools in front of his uncle's store, making $2 a week. Years passed with William rising through the company ranks. With the help of Alfred Hammacher, William bought his uncles interest in 1867. The two of them set to reinventing what could be expected of a retail goods store.

A common refrain among craftsman became "If you can't find it, try Hammacher Schlemmer." The store published its first catalog, a fully bound hardcover book in 1881. By the year 1912, the catalog contained 1,112 pages and confirmed Hammacher Schlemmer the most complete hardware source on the East Coast.

During the 1930's and 40's the name Hammacher Schlemmer became synonymous with innovation. It would be here that the world first encountered the pop up toaster in 1930, the electric razor in 1934 and the steam iron in 1948.

Today Hammacher Schlemmer continues to serve their customer needs in ways no one else can. While some products appear unusual, they share a common goal of meeting the special needs of their many customers.

We recommend checking out the catalog at Hammacher Schlemmer. Every experience we have had with them has been pleasant. Their products are high quality, and interesting. They have something for everyone.

You can connect with Hammacher Schlemmer via Facebook , @Hammacher , Pinterest , You Tube Hammacher Blog , and Hammacher Sclemmer Website

8 comments:

  1. Hammacher Schlemmer always has the most unique products! I used to go into their store just to browse and whenever I see their catalogue at one of my clients--I tend to look through the entire thing! I love this wagon that you can take to the beach or elsewhere and it is easy to clean-which is a big plus in my book. Looks like it folds up easily thus won't take up too much room when not in use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this foldable wagon. We purchased one for my mother and she uses it to transport her groceries from the car into her apartment as well as taking out her trash and moving her laundry back and forth between the laundry room. It has been a blessing so she can stay somewhat independent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had never heard of Hammacher Schlemmer until this article. Looks like they have a great selection for Father's Day. :) I'm needing to find something ASAP!

    I have a wagon like this and use it all the time! I even took it to the beach one year(just had to stay in the packed sand area).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep returning to this post as I'm thinking about purchasing one for my garden work and when the grandchildren are visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is way cool, I would use it all the time for gardening. So handy that it folds up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always been impressed with Hammacher Schlemmer products, and this wagon, I can see, is part of the quality that I know comes from their company. I would love to have one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so looking into this, would come in very handy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea, I can see this being really useful around the garden too would be really helpful x

    ReplyDelete